From the great central fact of the universe in regard to which we have agreed, namely, this Spirit of Infinite Life that is back of all and from which all comes, we are led to inquire as to what is the great central fact in human life. From what has gone before, the question almost answers itself.
The great central fact in human life, in your life and in mine, is the coming into a conscious, vital realization of our oneness with this Infinite Life, and the opening of ourselves fully to this divine inflow. This is the great central fact in human life, for in this all else is included, all else follows in its train. In just the degree that we come into a conscious realization of our oneness with the Infinite Life, and open ourselves to this divine inflow, do we actualize in ourselves the qualities and powers of the Infinite Life.
And what does this mean? It means simply this: that we are recognizing our true identity, that we are bringing our lives into harmony with the same great laws and forces, and so opening
ourselves to the same great inspirations, as have all the prophets, seers, sages, and saviours in the world’s history, all men of truly great and mighty power. For in the degree that we come into this realization and connect ourselves with this Infinite Source, do we make it possible for the higher powers to play, to work, to manifest through us. (more…)
How quick we are to form an opinion of a person to come to a conclusion about them! It’s satisfying to the egoic mind to label another human being, to pronounce righteous judgement upon them.
Every human being has been conditioned to think and behave in certain ways — conditioned generically as well as by their childhood experiences and their cultural environment. That is not who they are, but that is who they appear to be. (more…)
Although science prides itself on objectivity, it has some cherished articles of belief. If you question them, however reasonably, you can expect ire and raised hackles. Bruce Lipton has discovered this after posting “Has Modern Science Bankrupted Our Souls?” In it he challenges basic assumptions of modern science, such as the pre-eminence of a Newtonian physical universe and the conception of evolution through random mutations for being flawed. Natural selection and random mutation no doubt played a part in getting us where we are now, but they won’t carry us into the future. The controversy being stirred up is old and, so far as Darwinists are concerned, completely settled. On one side is the light of reason, on the other darkness and superstition. The fact that Bruce Lipton is a cell biologist doesn’t mean that his credentials protect him. People don’t take kindly to having their faith questioned. (more…)
The following is a basic outline of the beliefs and teachings of the Baha’i faith. For reference to a particular belief, please reference our articles dealing with specific beliefs within the Baha’i faith.
- There is one God, no Trinity.
- God created the world.
- Even though individuals of different religions pray to God by different names, they are still praying to the same God even though they are using different names.
- Baha’u’llah taught that human beings cannot understand God completely or have a clear picture of Him in our minds. This is because God is too great and too subtle for this to happen.
- God has complete control over His creation.
- God has complete and perfect knowledge of His creation.
- Knowledge of God
- The knowledge that we have of God are of His attributes and qualities, but not of His essence.
- No one can actually see God because He does not have a body. This would imply that Jesus was not God in the flesh.
- What one learns about God is through prayer, meditation, and the study and application of the various sacred scriptures of the prophets of God. (more…)