The following is a basic outline of the beliefs and teachings of the Baha’i faith. For reference to a particular belief, please reference our articles dealing with specific beliefs within the Baha’i faith.
- There is one God, no Trinity.
- God created the world.
- Even though individuals of different religions pray to God by different names, they are still praying to the same God even though they are using different names.
- Baha’u’llah taught that human beings cannot understand God completely or have a clear picture of Him in our minds. This is because God is too great and too subtle for this to happen.
- God has complete control over His creation.
- God has complete and perfect knowledge of His creation.
- Knowledge of God
- The knowledge that we have of God are of His attributes and qualities, but not of His essence.
- No one can actually see God because He does not have a body. This would imply that Jesus was not God in the flesh.
- What one learns about God is through prayer, meditation, and the study and application of the various sacred scriptures of the prophets of God. (more…)